View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 10:47 AM

To me this has been a most enjoyable and informative thread. Thanks to all the posters for sharing their knowledge and fabulous collections. Unfortunately I don't have any 19th century bats to share at this time but, as some of you are aware, I also make replica 19th century bats. These bats are my interpretation and have been inspired by many of the vintage bats posted in this thread. The top bat in the first picture is 39” in length and made of cherry with 2 silver badges. The 2nd and 3rd bats are made of willow and finished with a highly polished lacquer finish. The 4th bat is made of “Tiger Flame” birch and was inspired by an 1860's presentation bat that John has posted in this thread. The miniature bat at the bottom is made of black walnut obtained from the Gibson Guitar Co. In the second picture the top 2 bats are made from the “Tiger Flame” birch and the 3rd bat is made from ash with a leather grip. At times, like now, when you don't have the real thing, I can enjoy these tributes hanging on my wall plus they were a lot of fun to make.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4985.jpg (77.3 KB, 504 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4976.jpg (78.0 KB, 506 views)