View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 10:53 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
People are into collecting regardless of how much criminality and fraud permeates it. I feel like screaming at some people acting like little kids rushing to The Disneyland gates for the first time, “you realize the National is full of crooks and criminals and many many scammers of all stripes who will rip you off blind given half the chance, right?”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
It boils down that people in general are morons. It's why a guy like me with a 2.5 college GPA after 10 years, can make a killing out there. I have just 1/2 a brain and some integrity. It's so easy to shut cards off after this. If you don't stand for something in this life, shame on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis13 View Post
Yes, it will blow over. As embarrassed as i am to admit this, it took me 40 years to realize people want to feel good and want to be sold the story and enjoy the story. They don’t want the truth. I have many theories why, but basically I believe the story and the myth allows them to escape and for whatever reason, if they are being scammed they would just rather not know.

Gentlemen, all those people going to the National have no idea about this Slabgate scandal. Remember, like one percent of us collectors read the forums.

I texted like ten of my collector-friends about this scandal and they were shocked. These are guys who work like twelve-plus hours a day and then just pass out when they come home.

Oh, and I was also recently chatting on the phone with one of my good American friends (who got me hooked on baseball again). He is a member on this forum, but due to his new job, he hasn't read the posts on here for a while, and he was stunned when I told him what happened.

Last edited by samosa4u; 07-31-2019 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Spelling