View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 03:39 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Ronnie - obviously reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Nothing in either of my messages said anything about REA being connected with fraud. I've spoken with Brian prob a dozen times and he seems like a honorable guy. Connecting random comments from posts and tying them together is pretty silly. My comment about REA is just that I'm not a cult member of them or anyone else. (As opposed to you.) From my vantage point they appear to be running a for profit business. I'm not lining up to worship them or anyone else selling stuff in the hobby. I don't get a hard on smelling their catalog and I certainly don't think they or any other AH are in this because of benevolence. Business people last time I checked. But if you want to create a little altar in your house to worship them go for it. Sounds kind of charming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 View Post
as the OP often does, a number of his points are based on assumptions made without fact. interesting that REA is mentioned. for those of you at the National, I recommend you stop at the three major auction house’s booths — REA, Heritage and Hunt.

ask them what they are doing and what they have done since this scandal and the one involving fake T206s came to light. ask for specifics, don’t ask how they “feel” about fraud in the hobby. ask what they are doing and what they have done. that’s what I did Wednesday. the contrast of the answers I received was eye opening.

my suggestion to the OP is to pick up a phone next week, call REA and ask to speak to Brian. find out what his role in helping to counteract fraud in the hobby. then maybe you will understand why REA is respected by many knowledgeable people who do more than just post “ramblings” on a chat board.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 08-01-2019 at 03:44 PM.