View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_G. View Post
I love these items Leon. The Gypsy Queen baseball card issues are so rare and a lot of mystery surrounds some of the items (California League GQs for example). I also enjoy collecting the packs the cards came in but not enough packs to go around. Beautiful packs and cartons.
Thanks Joe et al,
Yes, the tobacciana aspect of our cards is a lot of fun to collect and research. I know a lot of collectors enjoy it as much or more than I do (and I enjoy it a lot.) To be clear I already had the Carton and pack, of which I had 2 at one time, that are more white and just recently picked up the very colorful carton. Also, while I thought I had kept the other pack similar to this, without a stamp, I kept the one with a stamp as can be seen in this 400 dpi scan. It's sort of good news bad news; bad part is the printed inscription can't be read. The good part is the exact dating of the pack can be done as a stamp and overprint are present. I believe this says "1887".

and to answer the question on value, in a major auction each carton is around $800-$1200.....the pack would be 2x-3x that....in my biased opinion....

Last edited by Leon; 08-16-2014 at 12:52 PM.