View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 01:08 PM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
Clint,

I don't have definite answers to your questions, but do have some theories. I doubt very much that the cards were given out to regular fans, since so few have surfaced. Most likely only to Martin employees attending the game and I have no idea how many that might have been.

I do have a flyer from the 1967 game, but nothing from 1964. The 1967 flyer mentions that someone in each dept will have tickets available for purchase. It also mentions several Orioles players visiting the company cafeterias to promote sales and several contests that employees could enter related to the game.

My guess is the 1964 cards were either distributed as part of the ticket sales promotion at the company or part of a gift bag given to Martin employees attending the game.

Anyone know a Martin employee from the 1960's??

1967 Martin Family Night Flyer
Thanks for your reply Alan. There is a Martin museum in Maryland. I found a web site and sent them a question asking about the cards. They may know someone that used to work there and I’ll relay any information that they give me. Cross our fingers and hope they can add something. That 67 flyer is pretty cool and thanks for sharing.