View Single Post
Old 02-02-2002, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Default Hunting those elusive T207s

Posted By: TBob

Thomas, that was my Tinker which sold and yes I was surprised that it didn't go higher. I was able to upgrade recently so put this one on ebay. A guy who had purchased several T207s from me won it so I was glad for him but it is strange that with zillions (comparatively speaking) of Bresnahans, Marquards, Chances, McGraws and even Careys available, that a Tinker wouldn't go higher as it is not an easy HOFer to find in the set, although all the HOFers in the T207 set have one similarity, they are all Recruit or Napoleon (common) back cards. The Tinker, Speaker and McKechnie HOF cards are all tougher than the other HOFers, in my oppinion.
Smokey Joe Wood's popularity drives the prices of his card up, plus Wood is a very tough card to find, even though it has a Recruit/Napoleon back only.
I am beginning to believe that the only way to complete this set is to buy a near set or complete set from Mastro/Oser/Hunt and bust it out, keeping the needed cards and putting the rest on ebay. If anyone spots a set and is interested in going in with me or a couple of others, let me know.