View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 08:02 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
“Assault weapon” and “high capacity magazine” bans as this article leads off with are exactly what I’m talking about. These accomplish absolutely nothing, there is no evidence that they do. There is considerable evidence that they don’t. These are commonly owned normal firearms and parts and have been for over half a century. Banning standard capacity magazines does not save a single person. All it does is punish the other side.

Both sides like to trample on rights mostly used by the other side. Many of their voters will have a genuine sentiment, whether it’s the left thinking the State can somehow regulate guns to the point that a paradise comes into being or the right thinking that the murder of a fetus is a great moral wrong. Banning standard magazines, passing a bounty law to reward people who report their neighbors for abortions, politicians are well aware this does not actually address a real problem, it’s just to fire shots at their political opposition. I think it is a shame when they choose to do this instead of apply any reason to the problem.
Fair points and I understand where you're coming from. I recall reading that there was actually a drop in gun-related deaths in the years after these laws were passed, but there are obviously many factors to consider in evaluating that.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry