View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 10:49 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve D View Post
My take on it is this:

Why do we not have security at our schools?

We have hardened our airports; TSA checkpoints.

We have armed security at federal buildings/courthouses; You have to go through a metal detector to get in.

Why do we continue to have schools with absolutely no security? From what I've read and heard, the Uvalde school district has eight schools, yet they have only four security personnel; and no one was at the elementary school the day of the shooting!

From all the information we have so far, the punk crashed his vehicle next to the school. He then shot at two people at a funeral home, which is across the street from where he crashed his vehicle, and the school. Personnel in the school heard the gunshots! So, why was a door left open for the perp to go in?

I'm not saying there should be metal detectors at schools; maybe there should be.....maybe not. There does, however, at an absolute minimum, need to be a single point-of-entry for schools, for regular people to go through! There needs to be armed security personnel at these entry points!

In most of these school shootings, the common thread is a complete lack of security, allowing bad actors to get in. This is what needs to stop!

Why do we not protect our children as well as we protect courtrooms and airplanes?

To answer the OP's question, I am a gun owner. I own a few pistols (both semi-auto and revolver), but no rifles.

Steve
Our district can't pass levies to keep bus routes, buy textbooks, or pay staff. Where is the money going to come from to put TSA-like protections in every building?