View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 11:57 PM
Nick Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
I've used an iron (with a dish towel between) to take the mailing labels off of Sports Illustrated magazines. Don't know if that would work with the cards and albums, but I'd give it a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldeboo View Post
No experience here, so don't take any of my advice or listen to me.

It sounds like you're having some success which is good. I know I've read on here before that people will often soak overnight or maybe even a few days. Sure you will want to monitor them often though. I would probably lean more towards that than trying to pry anything as that sounds problematic. I wonder if it's an option and you have enough space to cut or tear the pages and just soak the card with page segment.

Either way, keep us posted and let's see them! I'm sure someone with lots of experience will chime in with sound advice.
An iron sounds like it could be interesting! I'd figure it would work the same end goal as your situation, which is loosening the adhesive.

And I've got them all cut into individual pieces. It was basically just 4 loose album/scrapbook pages, with 12 cards glued on to each one. I'll take one of the commons and give it a soak while I sleep tonight and see how that comes out.

Thanks for the ideas both of y'all! And pictures coming tomorrow for sure