View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 11:25 AM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default hmmmm

Not sure you're getting the whole concept. Minimal paper loss is still paper loss! SB1 was quite correct about a proven approach and it's a method I've used quite a few times when I was more active. I WOULDN'T suggest the paper towel other than blotting it carefully before placing it between plain paper or typing paper. Paper towels can leave a nearly invisible imprint on the surface. As for trying to pry the paper off the back - DO NOT try and use any kind of implement to free the paper OR rub anything. Paper loss is a likely result. If the card needs a little rinse for a little residual glue just lightly run some water over it. BE CAREFUL WHEN THE CARD IS WET - it can easily tear or crease. After placing between the paper put lots of weight on top of the card or cards - making sure whatever flat surface coming into contact with the card covers the card completely (I just place quite a few books on top). CHANGE the paper after 15-20 minutes and successively less frequently over next few hours/day. LET THE CARD COMPLETELY DRY. It may look or feel dry but I'm thinking about THREE DAYS. Any moisture left in the card might lead to wrinkles or mold/foxing at some future point.

edited to add an admonition :-)

no guarantees whether written or implied

Last edited by 1880nonsports; 10-28-2020 at 11:35 AM.