View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 11:08 AM

Richard, a few years ago a man over 70 years old came to my house and he asked me about a Bohemian magazine, if I could have it, so I told him to come in 2 or 3 days to look for it, I found it and days later when he came back I showed it to him, the man was moved and told me, look at that boy with the bat is me, he told me that this photo was on January 6, 1949, the "Day of the Magi" and among the Gifts were balls, gloves and bats, and several of the boys went to the Santos Suarez Park, to play and the photographer from La Bohemia photographed them and told them that the photo would come out 3 days later, on January 9, 1949, and So it was, the father bought the magazine and everyone saw it, but the father kept it days later and they never saw it again, eventually they threw it away, and he had not seen that magazine again until the moment I showed it to him. , the man kept coming back to take a picture of him, I scanned it, but he never came back, I'll tell them that Santos Park Suarez is the park in my neighborhood of the same name, I also played ball in that place and almost every day I pass by, sometimes walking in my car, it is 5 blocks from my house (500 meters). from the Almanaque Deportivo Magazine, when you see them let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1949 Bohemia.jpg (49.9 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg Alm. Dep.-4.jpg (34.5 KB, 125 views)