View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 09:51 PM
Joe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
While I would categorize myself as a card collector first, I would say I've passively accrued a decent amount of autographed balls, pictures and things in-between throughout my time in the hobby. One thing I've noticed, and even discussed with people on the board, is that nowadays, with penmanship going by the wayside, there are very few signatures that are aesthetically pleasing.

The greats of the past need little introduction, hell even as late as the 90's and Early 2000s have nice signatures. Players like Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, Griffey Junior, Mariano Rivera, Chipper Jones, all still have nice signatures.

Nowadays? I wouldn't mind owning a ball signed by Mike Trout or Bryce Harper, but good god, their John Hancock is awful. Trout is barely above a scribble. And While sure a part of me says, "no signed ball collection is complete without one" I can't bring myself to spend 500-700 Dollars on something so god awful. I understand he signs thousands of them, but it's his name, you'd think he'd have a little bit of pride when it comes to signing it! Does anyone else feel this sort of way? Autograph collectors please chime in.
Here is great signature .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D4627D27-4538-49CD-B1F5-0F5548292EE9.jpg (189.0 KB, 98 views)

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13