View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
I 100% agree. Like I said, I have bid on one item with CC and had one issue, while I have bid on 1000's of items with HA, but have had only one problem. I believe CC is the lowest of the low and I did not mean to compare them, it's just, while we were on the subject....
I see what you are saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
And to answer your question previously asked, yes. I bid an amount I thought was fair if #68 was included.
Then that really sucks. I am certain that most of the auction houses try to create descriptions that are misleading (either with text or photos), in an effort to secure more for their consignors. I also believe that they think it's okay, as long as they are technically truthful, and they often use a large grey area when it comes to "technically truthful." That probably sounds like a bold statement, but I've dealt with three clear-cut examples, from three different auction houses, in the last year alone.

I look at it this way - if I buy something with a misleading description, and decided to sell it at some point, would I feel comfortable using the same description used to sell it to me? If the answer is "no", then I got screwed. In all three instance alluded to above, I would have had to be much more honest about the description than the auction houses were with me.