View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 10:39 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
That book proves that you do.

Bravo!

I think you should start on page 1 and start telling us stories.

And I call dibs when you decide to part with it...

Doug
Doug,

It is odd that you mention selling it. As you can imagine I have become very protective of it. Other than laying in on a table for someone to sign it has only left my hands exactly 3 times:

The previously mentioned time a merch person who worked for the musician offered to get it signed for me. We met at the club I was working at as a bouncer in Boston - Spit. It was in 1980 so I did not think of the book as I do now. Brought it to me at the club after a show. I got the person several years later in person and the signature was the same. Very big name.

Joan Armatrading at Lupos in Providence, RI - standing at the stage entrance which was a glass door allowing you to see inside. I asked one of her stage people if she was coming out after the sound check as I wanted to get my book signed. He said "I will take it to her for you." I watched him walk up to her and get it signed.

Charlie Daniels at the Birchmere in Alexandria, VA - He walked out to the bus after the show which I believe was SOP for him. The driveway to the backstage also led to a daycare attached to the building. Unless the Alexandria PD was there you could always walk up the driveway. Walked up to the bus and one of his people said that he was happy to sign anything and he would bring it on to the bus.

All of that being said I have been asked many times what it was worth and would I sell it. I try not to say value out loud but I would sell it under certain conditions. It is just a thing and I have the stories. Every time a person dies the price goes up. It is not only 6 people who died this year, there were also at least three others last year - Paul Barrere of Little Feat, Art Neville and Dr. John. Watching the RRHOF inductions tonight and saw that there was one other person who signed the book and died about 7 weeks ago - Rocco Prestia of Tower of Power.

In the vintage card section Leon always says there should be a card in the thread. This one should have concert photos:

Rick Derringer - circa 1980 The Paradise, Boston
derringer 1-1.jpg

James Brown - Summer, 1980 Jonathan Swift's Harvard Sq. Cambridge, MA
brown,-james-1-1.jpg

Cab Calloway - late 1980's New England Conservatory of Music, Boston MA. He received an award and the played while his grandson who taught at the school played guitar
calloway-2-1.jpg

Phil Lynott - circa 1981 The Paradise, Boston. One of my favorites to shoot. He was a ham and would pose on stage and point his bass at me.

lynott-1a.jpg

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 11-14-2020 at 11:00 PM.