View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 01:26 PM

I hate to read stories like this. I'm really sorry that you are going through this.

I don't think anybody and truly give you the answer to this situation, you know exactly what your situation is so ultimately that will dictate what you do. That said, perhaps we can help put it into perspective.

I'm sure that 1955 Clemente means the world to you. I have a couple cards from my dad that I cherish too. My dad is still living and he didn't give me his whole budget out of his wallet so I could have it. So, there is a lot more to your card to hold onto than mine. So, I understand you don't want to let it go.

It sounds to me, based on this story alone, your father was someone who would sacrifice something for you. That is a wonderful thing, he was obviously a caring father and that memory probably means more to you than the card. I highly doubt someone like that would want you suffer this much over an item. Remember, if you do end up selling it...you loose the card itself but who get to keep the memories and the love that goes with it.

Perhaps there is an alternative too. Do you have any close collector friends? If so, maybe one of them would buy the card from you on the condition that if you eventually get your financials straightened out and can afford it, you can buy it back. I am always leary of these situations...as that person could sell it to someone else or anything could happen. But, think of it this way. If you sell it to a stranger...you will never get it back...if you work out a deal with someone like this you might.

No matter what happens, you will always get to keep the memories and the love that goes with the card.

Last edited by CamaroDMD; 04-23-2014 at 01:26 PM.