View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Default My Experience at the National.

Posted By: Trevor Hocking

Sorry for the double post!!!

Fist off I would like to say thanks to Leon and all the N54 people for a great evening at Shoeless Joe's. It was so much fun putting so many faces to people I have spoken and dealt with for many years.

My most memorable moment was when I sat down with Jay Miller (a person who I have never seen before!) and we had a few beers. (actually I think we closed the bar down) By the end of the night we were so in-depth into the rarity of the Old Judge set it even amazed me. I think the neatest part about the whole conversation was that when you actually get time to really talk with other collectors you find that they are just normal people and have a lot of the same interests as you do, outside of the hobby.

This was my favorite national hands down. I have learned that I need to post here more. You can't read a book without reading the cover!!! There are still deals to be had. All in all an amazing trip. I wish it was not over.

People I saw for the first time, Leon, Jay Miller, Joe G, TBob, Cory Shamus, Doug Allen, David B, Elliot, Scott B, John Bilingsly, JC, (I'm sure I hacked some names, sorry) I know I met quite a few others but the names and faces just escape me. It was quit overwhelming to meet so many people at one show. Especially when you have so many questions you have been waiting to ask.

Things I picked up:

N173 Proof cabinet (One I have never seen before)
2 N173's Krock and Hoover
N172 Old Judge O'Brien (Mini Photo) Thanks Jay!!
N172 Old Judge Radbourn VgEx (a pose I needed)
N172 Old Judge Dotted Tie ExMt (a very tough one)
2 N175 Gypsy Queen's NRMT+ Farrell and Krieg (The best condition N175's I have ever seen)
N284 Buchner Von Der Ahe SGC 50
1903 American and National League Photo (this thing is enormous 16"x20") with Joss, Chesbro, Crawford, Beckley, Keeler and 19 others.
W600 Sporting Life McGinnity ExMt
7 S74's all with backs 2 Turkey Red backs
25 T3's with Cobb, Johnson, Wallace, Mathewson, Lajoie, Breshnahan, Crawford, Evers, Brown, and a few more
10 BF2's With 2x Weaver, Carey, and Maranville (all in very nice shape. Photos are all still full)
3 T200's Cincinnati, Detroit PSA 5, and Pittsburgh
4 D304's Butter Krust With Wagner, and Mathewson
15 Star Player Candy's with Heilmann, and Lazzeri
A neat homemade sheet of B18 Blankets

I'm sure I have forgot a few other items. Not trying to to show off just trying to share.

The shows was great and I hope to talk with many of you soon. Thanks again Leon you are the man. The dinner was amazing. Net54 rocks!!

Trevor Hocking
trevor@synergystudios.tv.