View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay News: What's it worth? eBay lets users search prices

Posted By: Charlie O'Neal

In my experiences especially with cards the price that a card gets one week most often is dramatically more or less the 2nd time it comes around. Especially with newer cards, I have seen on a frequent basis that a card will go for $45- $55 over a span of a monthy and then for about 2 days the price jumps up to $80 b/c of several high snipes and then back down to the $45- $55 range.

While this option might be good for items that rarely come up (10x's a year). I just don't see this could benefit somone unless they are willing to pay for the most expensive service since the 2 day service is limited in scope and more than likely could miss what you are looking with particular items that are truely rare. As with everything else that is pretty common on ebay which most things are you get more than an ideal picture of what your item will bring buy just have a basic completed listing search.

eBay will probably make a killing on this though b/c sellers will view this as the new best thing that eBay has to offer. A draw back to this though could result into seeing more of my pet peeves.

Ex. Actually came from a listing this past summer. Will probably be seeing more of these in the future

1989 Randy Johnson UD BGS 9.5 (At the time completed listings sold for $85)
This card was selling for over $225 back in the winter. Don't you people understand how great this card is. I don't understand why this card is going for so much less than what it was going for back then.

I'll get off my little rant now.