View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Wetherbee View Post
Very sad to find out that Luke Thompson, longtime Massachusetts card and memorabilia dealer, lost his battle with cancer a couple of days ago. Luke partnered with Rick Sachs for many years as A-1 Sports. They would set up annually at the Shriners show in Wilmington, Mass. and years ago, did the card show circuit throughout New England. I know they set up a few times at Fort Washington/Reading, etc.

Luke was one of those guys I always looked forward to seeing at the Shriners. Not only did I like poring through his stuff, but he was always the nicest guy. He and Rick were two of the few guys that used to respect me back when I was shopping in my teens back in the 1970's.

Truly a dealer and friend that will be sorely missed.

Rich Wetherbee
OH NO..

I haven't been at shows lately, due to financial strain, but I loved the guys stuff and seeing them at shows. Luke was a really cool guy, as is Rick. This isn't the kind of news I wanted to read at the end of a day. DAMN IT.

My prayers and condolences to Rick, and of course all of Luke's family, friends, and colleagues and customers. A really nice person.

Sad as it is, thank you Rich for posting it.

Scott.