View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 12:51 PM

Not my area of knowledge, but others elsewhere said that that the unopened packs boxes, ala 1970s Topps, went very high, often setting records. They assume it would raise the price of such items across the board due to the scarcity.

I thought the overall prices for other items looked healthy, a number of items got very strong prices. I generally look at all the categories in an auction.

I thought a lot of lots had respectable prices, just not sky high as one might expect. There were several photos though I thought could have gotten much higher prices, though they didn't go for nothing.

I think the Harry Wright 'card' was worth more than $50,000. I thought similar items in the Legendary items were undervalued. But that's just my opinion. Others clearly disagreed. Maybe I'm ahead of the curve, maybe I'm not

Clearly lots of people are bidding good money, but I don't think the market has reached it's peak yet. I thought the prices in the few months back Legendary auction was shockingly low, but that may be due to reasons other than the market. The Dreier (sp) collection had highest quality and rarely seen items (Primo 1800s CDVs to the best Armor Coin collection I've ever seen), so it wasn't due to lack of quality material.

Last edited by drc; 05-22-2013 at 01:08 PM.