View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 11:11 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUCARDFAN View Post
I had a few objectives for this years National.

1. Talk with PSA about my 1915 Cracker Jack Ty Cobb that was graded Authentic Altered. I purchased this card from REA and they submitted it raw and it came back as Authentic Altered due to a very small spot on the back of the card that they thought had been altered. I was convinced that the card had NOT been altered and wanted a senior grader at PSA to take another look and give an opinion.

2. Find and purchase a nice looking 1907 Dietsche batting Ty Cobb.

3. See in person a few cards currently at auction that I am bidding on as well consign a few things with REA.

Thursday morning I just happened to be talking with Levi Bleam of 707 at his booth when Joe Orlando walked up and we all started talking. After about 10-15 minutes of talking I asked him his opinion on the card and he directed me to have it looked at again by PSA. I was able to immediately get the card back to them to review. A couple of hours later I got the good news that the card was reviewed and they agreed that the card wasn’t altered and I got it back graded as a PSA 2. Needless to say I was thrilled and pleased. It’s such a beautiful card and presents as a NM.

On Friday, I was able to make a deal for a great looking PSA 3 Dietsche Cobb. I searched all over Thursday and I only saw two for sale at the whole show which included the one I purchased.

It was crazy busy and from talking to many dealers a VERY profitable National. Can’t wait until next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fantastic Story and Results
Congrats and Thus A trip well worth it

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson