View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docpatlv View Post
After having lost out on a Mathewson and Johnson over the last year or so, was very happy to add this PM1 to the collection...

Mike
Terrific Pin Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanksta View Post
It seems my pickups these days are very few and far between, but when I saw this on eBay I was excited. With a little help and reassurance from Matt (Thanks Matt!) I put in my offer and got it. Being strictly a Cravath collector it's pretty cool to hold something that he clobbered homers with!

What a bat! Nice find Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
The company that produced the PM1 pins not only made baseball, but also other subjects..this may be an actress?

At the antique show a few weeks back I found an ornate pin with a religious subject still attached to the cardboard backer..I suspect the company was around for more than a few years so it's quite possible the Ruth was made well after the other PM1 pins.
Boy Dan... that's a beautiful pin. A little steam to the ribbon is all it needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I picked up my first Mantle rookie...

A really nice looking card Bobby. Congrats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
Also, awesome Dieges and Clust 1910 Harvard Hurdles sterling medal, w winner JB Cummings of Harvard's name engraved on back.
That's a killer medal Scott! Really cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkm90 View Post
I'm very pleased to have acquired this figural recently. Another example recently sold as part of the Mastro collection.

Well done Mike. You talk about Brock finding all the good stuff (and he certainly gets more than his share) but you've got quite a knack yourself!

I finally landed a piece that fits my main focus. 1938 moving image of Gehrig wondering what the hell is wrong with his swing.

1938gehrigBATS.jpg1938gehrigBATSslug.jpg