View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 05:32 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206trader View Post
As an aside from the snipe issue which is frustrating... I understand the frustration but I fail to see "death" of the 99 cent auction. Ebay receives more eyes from the public than any other auction site. Generally speaking a 99 cent auction that lasts 7 days should sell at close to a true market value. The fact that sellers want more is irrelevant. Sports cards have almost always been a margins collectible. If a seller feels that the auction prices that cards are realizing aren't enough, then either they need to find a new business venture or sell for above market BIN's that will likely languish for months/years. Either way, nobody wins.
That is all good and all, and I agree that a collectible should sell close to market value, but we have an issue here that needs to be addressed. ALOT of people snipe, especially on higher dollar, rarer cards. It hides two facets. #1 - It doesn't alert anyone that they are interested in the item until the very end. #2 - it allows them to win items on the cheap. When Ebay is restricting these snipes from coming through, then we have items selling a lot cheaper than they normally would.

If Ebay is "crashing", or doing something that is limiting these last second bids from coming through, then that is very much a problem for sellers/consignors. These items are selling for only a fraction of their market value. No different than stealing.