View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 04:45 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I am glad it worked out.

I am in no way excusing selling that card with that scan, but scans are tricky. I try to scan every card I buy and sometimes the same setting on the same scanner produces very different results with different cards. Creases are especially dicey; sometimes they show up, sometimes not.

If I sell a card with a crease online I try to mention the crease even if I can see it, but I am one guy doing all the tasks. The writers at ML might not have had the card in hand, just the scan, when writing it up. When you are scanning large numbers of cards for sale and have a scanner setting down, odds are you are not looking at every scan the way a collector would, and if your work flow is broken up in a manner that leaves the card in the vault and circulates images, this sort of thing can happen as a 'garbage in, garbage out' situation. Now, if ML relists with the same deceptive scans, we veer into the realm of intentionality.

As far as remedying the situation, it doesn't help that most AHs' idea of customer service is that once the card is delivered, service is over. I think it more likely than not that had Snowman not started shit-posting Memory Lane on boards like this, he would still be arguing for a refund.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...