View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 12:51 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post

The F&F is confusing but I always thought the reason there are no fees is because when you use F&F paypal isn't providing the protection that they do with G&S that's why it says sending to someone you trust.

Yes, I covered that, but in a much more snarky way , here:

Quote:
It's simply their..."we'll send your money free, because it's your money and it doesn't cost us anything to do so...and in return, you will not whine, complain or ask us for help if you get conned, catfished, ripped off, scammed, taken to the cleaners, natural disastered, Ponzi schemed or crypto bro'd."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post

...and I think when you spoke to them that's why they said to open a personal account to do F&F transactions.

To be clear, I never actually spoke with them. I didn't run afoul of them or anything. It just became part of their general policy. Telling me to open a Personal Account was just part of their boiler plate message.

Nobody with a business account can accept F&F or Gift payments anymore, as of a month ago or so. I was able to accept those types of payments before that without an issue. I think it's part of trending literalist definition of the word "business" account, for accounting or IRS reasons.

I actually went to pay my power bill a couple weeks ago and used my Paypal Debit card, and it got rejected for being flagged as from a Business account. Told me I had to use a different card. Never, ever happened before that.

I've always mixed business and personal with my Paypal account, but always claimed which was which properly. Maybe they see an issue with that now.

Not complaining, just the way it is.