View Single Post
Old 02-07-2024, 12:44 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
For some reason it is always a talking point, but was the US the first, or last, to have slave labor? Why it is so politized in the US.
I find it interesting racism and slavery are so controversial, too. it is no secret that for hundreds of years after 1492 that Europeans needed to monopolize cheap labor sources to have success in the Americas. Capitalism is built upon the idea of labor conflict. Businesses want to pay the least amount possible. Laborers want the most possible. Since our religious founders and zealots felt bad enslaving white people, there were other plentiful non-white sources available. Once slavery was ended, capitalists continued to create additional sources of cheap labor that were just de facto slavery. In the West and along coats, use of cheap Asian and Mexican laborers proliferates. And just before COVID, lawsuits existed that transportation businesses in CA had so many fees that truckers actually owed their business for moving freight. I've never met someone who claims capitalism is in fact Religious salvation. But the way politicians defend capitalism when these facts are pointed out makes me think the church has to be around somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo