View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 04:03 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalimey View Post
this was the highest attended Game for over 6 years with capped max attendance of 60,000 in Yankee Stadium at that time , however there were
60,096 actual paid patrons , these tickets would have been the over flow as they would have run out of the Bleacher and Grandstand section tickets
most likley standing room or squeezed into the bleachers which just long benches , The Letter A and the pricing tells me all I need to know confirming what you already know these are Mickey Mantle Day
I will now be able to Clarify the finding , thanks for sharing these images
and can you remember it being standing room only especially being a single admission double header and being bunched in like sardines
David,
I do remember it was packed! We stayed way longer after the games were over as my father had business there. That is why I guess we were able to pick up so many stubs and in those days everyone just threw them on the ground.. Al

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..