View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 10:29 AM

Hi, everyone. Mark posted some pictures of the 1964 Rawlings Glove Box Big 8. I am fortunate to have the entire set of the hand cut cards. I love this set and enjoy showing it to folks. It escaped me for a few years so happy to share. I have this in the PSA Registry. The quality score is at 3.34, which is low but given the condition sensitivity of the set, it is pretty good. Mine is ranked #2 and the #1 set (707 Sports...he has a lot of stuff that is very, very expensive) is in the 7 range, which is amazing. The Brooks and Mantle are pretty nice relatively speaking and both pretty hard to find and expensive. I recently upgraded the Mantle and subsequently sold the lower graded Mantle to off set the cost. I would love to upgrade more if anyone has any "extra." Also, I included one of the two panels. Surprisingly, this is the highest graded PSA panel with Brooksie. I am looking for the Mantle panel but they are tough to find. Also, looking for the entire box. They are extremely rare but out there. Recently, i assembled 9 of the 10 1964-1966 Rawlings Premium Photographs that are identical to the Hand Cut Cards from the Big 8 Box. There are two variations. Brooks has a second picture with a Bird on Hat and Mantle with a black T-shirt. I sent these to PSA for grading. Once back, i hope to add to the Registry. Sorry if i used the word "I" too much. Thought folks would enjoy seeing these and some additional details.

P.S. for Mark...I included a pretty beat up extra Brooks Hand Cut Card if you want to trade for a certain "original" piece of Art!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1964 Rawlings Set.jpg (77.4 KB, 97 views)