View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 06:29 AM
Robert Williams

That Clemente SHOULD NOT be the record setter!! You can get better looking cards TWO grades higher for less money!

On a side note, let me share my experiences buying and selling with PWCC. He is great! Never a problem. Now my consignments - some have been great, most have been average, some have set record lows. I have NEVER sold a card for double VCP average. Never had a head scratcher. Here is one of the creams of my last consignment.

Bobby Jones PSA 5. It looked like a 7/8. Obviously the best card in that grade. It sold for $787. All Star Cards paying $750 for that particular card in that particular grade. Ended up losing a couple hondo on it. I could have saved myself a hefty consignment fee just by selling the card to them. If ANY card should have been a record breaker, it should have been that one - not a fugly Clemente PSA 3.

I don't get the surge on some of the cards. As a collector myself, I don't look at PWCC auctions anymore, as I feel there are no deals to be had there anymore. Apparently I am in a minority though, as he is obviously setting record prices. Are they real prices or is this MastoNet all over again? I don't know. Alot of people are taking notice, as there are MULTIPLE threads on the subject matter this very day.