View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 08:08 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfast View Post
If you’re super casual like me, I use the plastic cover Amazon ones like this.

https://www.amazon.com/VIZ-PRO-Tampe...cs_rp_2_i&th=1

They will get scratched up if you dont take care of them but I store mine in the box and use them for a show once or twice a year. You’ll see a lot of people set up with these now a days. They aren’t as thick so you’re limited with what you can put in them but for cards/slabs they are great. Just dont order the massive 48x36 one.
Matt, like Mike P. in Post #6 above, I'm looking to purchase something in which to display some cards at the Feb. 10th get together in No. Va. I figure that whatever I purchase I will then use to display cards in my home. Until I saw your post, I was looking for a lockable tabletop display case like those used by dealers at card shows. These tend to be 3"-4" deep, which allows for the stacking of several slabbed cards, which is something I won't be doing.

Then, I saw your post and your link to a lockable bulletin/notice board, which is intended to be mounted to a wall. Matt, is the back of this notice board flat and fully suitable for use as a tabletop display case (I don't see any info re the back in the Amazon listing)? I realize that this type of product tends to be only 1/2' or so deep, which would allow for no more than two slabbed cards to be stacked, but I don't need depth as I don't do card shows. And, this type of product is significantly less costly than a "regular" display case. Thanks in advance for any further insight you can provide re this product.
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.