View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 05:05 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

I will say this. The card shown would be faded in most places if it was exposed to light and had faded from light. The contrast is way too great on both cards to be faded. If only the yellow faded you'd see it in the face but the card on the right (supposedly faded) actually has more color in the face than the one on the left. I explained how printing large runs of anything has differences in color and why. Presses had to be adjusted by pressman manually to keep the color consistent through large runs on large 4, 5 and 6 color presses. Pages are randomly selected to check color to make sure it's consistent and adjustments are made. With that comes some variance in color. I used to check these random pages for my ad agency. Look up four color process printing if you want to learn more. I stood in pressrooms all night sometimes checking menus for Bennigan's and Steak and Ale for differences in the food photography being printed over the huge runs. Just saying it does happen all the time and that's more than likely the case with this card run. A few oversaturated cards probably exist for many of the players if the sheets weren't caught and culled.

Last edited by Wimberleycardcollector; 05-27-2021 at 05:09 PM.