View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 05:16 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
It's easy to do on the T cards, just some time in the sunlight will often do it. That's about the extent of my experimenting these days . It astounds me when people pay huge premiums for orange-from-red T cards, they are just damaged and faded. It's so easy and profitable to make an Orange Cobb, I'm surprised it's not even more prevalent. I'm skeptical of most "missing color" cards that just so happen to be the color that missing color would fade too these days
Colors missing happens in printing but it's not common. If a color runs out on press the run can be missing one color or more. Generally these are culled out after the press is stopped to refill the ink. I'm sure though pages get missed or someone takes a sheet home and then you have some variations that exist albeit small in quantity. Good printers always make sure those sheets are culled and thrown out. Now also keep in mind my comments have been made regarding the Killebrew card which is a different printing process than some of the pre-war cards. Different printing process with different inks and more than likely different press procedures and QC. I'm not old enough to have press checked anything pre-war. LOL.