View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 09:09 AM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldeboo View Post
That's the interesting thing about complete sets, especially in pre-war cards. If you sell it as a complete set, the potential buyers will start by valuing the set based off of the most important cards first. A lot of people out there are buying complete or partial sets in order to break them up and make a few bucks. A complete set has much less value than the sum of the individual cards. That gets into a whole different discussion of how to sell.

It's crazy to think that even 3 or 4 years ago a complete 1933 Goudey set could have been bought for the going price of a single Ruth today.
Prices have certainly exploded. It would be challenging to piece together the entire set in PSA today considering the lag in the grading process at this time, I feel fortunate I submitted most of my cards a year or so ago. At the least, I feel having a near complete set in PSA removed most of the mystery in terms of value in comparison to a raw set where the value is in the eyes of the beholder. Wrong or right I have a numerical value anyways as a basis.