View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
Thank you Floyd, for reading and responding to the question in my last post. As the offer I received was not even close, I didn't actually take the time to think about exactly what it would be, but my thinking is in the ballpark of alligned with yours (though I do think the gap is closing between PSA and SGC on prewar cards). For me it was more about the "obvious?" condition difference, "grade" notwithstanding.

Not only the same, but if you look back at the beginning of the thread, there are a couple who suggested the SGC grade higher than the PSA!? I am with you - I don't understand either (but have requested explanation) - Interesting and perplexing.
If SGC is closing the gap, then good for me. About 40% of my set is in SGC holders. I was getting them at a 20% discount, sometimes more. I found the PSA registry has some dealers and collectors not wanting SGC cards at all, creating a premium for PSA.

I think people thought your original point was that you just got this PSA card graded and weren't happy with the grade. People were just guessing that this was a harsh PSA grade and you were showing a worse condition card in a SGC holder. The PSA card is clearly in better condition.

When I sent t205s to PSA, I got a couple 3s that were nicer than your 4. Your card easily could have been graded 3. Grading is just that graders opinion on that day. I originally wanted my set in EX or better. I ended up with a few 4s because everytime I found an upgrade, it was in worse condition than the card I had, despite having a higher number on the flip.