View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Default Star Player Candy at the National

Posted By: Marty

I just became aware of this thread.
Leon, I did not doubt your information for a minute. That is why I asked you. I believe that I told you that I did not know the market on this issue. I had no reason to doubt what you said. What I do know about these cards is that this is the only Cobb card that SGC has graded while PSA has graded 2. I am quite sure that there are more raw SPC cards than graded. I probably have these two cards "priced to keep". Being the part time dealer that I am, I like to have material that will get noticed and bring me a little attention. I do not mind owning either of these two. I need a couple of cards to keep my 10 priced to keep Rice Stix cards company any way. I have a bit of a different type of business model. I do not have the finanical resources of the big boy dealers, and I do not do this full time. For that reason, I do not have to have all of the turns on my inventory that most of the others have. This may change at some point, but for the present, I price my cards based upon a combination of several things, what I paid, what others are selling the same card for, how many I see availible and how much I like to be the owner of the card. This may put me above the price of the market place, so I need a bit a help. What did everyone else have their SPC Cobb and Gehrig priced at?