View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 01:54 PM

So according to your logic any picture that is meant to be cut out is automatically a card? Do you believe that the picture on the full page comic is a card because they wanted you to cut it out and it featured an athlete? With the "Faces in the Crowd" each picture had a little bio next to it rather than on the back, so where the bio is located decides whether it is a card or not? Your 1949 Philadelphia Bulletin "cards" are almost identical to the "Faces in the Crowd" pictures? Also each "FITC" picture and bio is boxed off and separated with borders for each one individually, doesn't that make them "cards."

Just from looking at them quickly I wouldn't consider anything you have listed there as being cards. There are plenty of bordered newspaper pictures with Bio's or statistics attached to it but if you cut them out it does not make them cards. I tend to try to use my eyes and common sense to determine what is and what isn't a card. But a magazine or newspaper cut out is not a card to me, it is a cut out photo. What is the difference between these and any other regular bordered off photos in any newspaper or magazine? Is it the Bio or the fact that the Bio is located on the back? With Strip cards they are almost all on CARD stock, not regular paper. If it is on regular paper and has to be cut out by the owner than it isn't a card in my book, it is a photo cut out just like your Dell comic states "Cut this PHOTO out. Look for different champion PICTURES in other Dell Comics." It doesn't say cut this card out. It says cut this photo out. Your example just helped prove my argument.

I don't use the ACC or any other catalog to determine that pictures cut out of a magazine or newspaper are not cards. I just use common sense. I have never actually seen the ACC. Hell, I had never even heard of it before but if it is stating that these things that you have pictured are cards, then I probably don't want to read it.