View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 07:29 PM

I don't think you have to worry about a lot of people on here bidding against you on the majority of those haha. Besides the Rekords, which some people do consider cards, I don't think you're going to have any competition for those items from any of the CARD collectors here. Everyone should collect anything that makes them happy, but these magazine cut outs shouldn't be mentioned in the rookie discussion, which is where this discussion started in the first place. I used to think Rekord cards were rookies, until I actually handled them and realized that they were nothing more than cut out pictures on regular paper that disn't resemble a card in any way, besides that it had a picture and name of the athlete. I am not saying that they aren't cool items. I am just saying that picture cut outs from magazines cannot be considered in the rookie discussion because with out them being either made of card stock, or at least a different stock than the regular magazine, or factory cut, or at least factory perforated, they are not cards. I don't think I am alone in thinking that cards should be, you know, cards haha! I think for it to be a card it should be a different material than the actual magazine or it should be pre-cut in the.magazine. If neither of these factors are there, then it is a cut out picture, whether it was intended to be cut for collecting purposes or not. If one of those 2 factors are present than it can be considered in the rookie discussion.