View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 06:43 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62collector View Post
Hello, first time poster. Long time lurker. My first thread of course a little taboo ,but I figured I would have better luck on here than some of the other card forums based around modern cards.

I've currently been putting the '62 topps set together. Stuck with PSA and SGC with a few crossovers from BVG with some success. The PSA 8 1962 Mays recently brought almost $4,000. A BVG 8 recently sold for $900ish ,but it just didn't tickle my fancy. I was browsing around and ran into this card and was hoping to get a little info on it.

I know some people put GAI in the same category as PRO and Home Grown Basement grading companies. Is there any chance this particular card would crossover (not looking for miracle) and what the most you would consider spending if you did decide to gamble on it? It's early GAI case, 1st graded, but there is typically a reason a card that looks like this graded by GAI and not PSA. Anything instantly stick out? I've spoke to the owner and I believe it was graded in 06-07 and he thinks pretty highly of it. Any information would be great and I'm ok with " You are a idiot for considering it ". Thanks again

People still gamble on GAI stuff from the looks on ended ebay auctions. Not sure if they know any better or just go after earlier labels.

depends how much for the card...but at best pay a psa 6 price which is about 100 bucks...so if its trimmed or not authentic its only a 100 dollar lesson...many of these cards become available to just wait on a psa copy..