View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 10:26 AM
Jamie

Default Nolan Ryan Rookie - Colored eBay purchase in 2004/What to Do?

Quick background/cautionary tale: In the early 2000s, after my first hiatus of my collecting experience (first break in the mid 90s), I decided I was interested in buying a few cards I always wanted back when I was a teenager. eBay seemed to be a good place to start and I had a few good experiences. I decided to buy a raw Nolan Ryan rookie. I reviewed the pics, asked some questions etc. Of course, this was 15+ years ago, so lots of things changed with protections/knowledge, but I received the card and it looked good to my untrained eye. A year or so later I decided I would give grading a shot, so I submitted to Beckett and to my surprise the card came back colored on the corners. Lesson learned and that experience along with life in general (4 kids in 8 years) pushed me out of eBay and collecting in general.

Fast forward to COVID 2020 and I jumped back in. I decided to pull out my cards and sitting at the top of my pile is that Ryan. It is in a case and I still have the BGS stickered response. My question is what can I do with it besides it being a life lesson? Do other graders slab colored card? Does it even matter or help? I guess in the end I do not plan on selling it, but more curious to what the process is these days.

Thanks for any guidance.

PS: I would put a few pic on the is site, but being new I have no idea how to do that.

Last edited by Schlesinj; 10-27-2020 at 06:11 PM.