View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 05:42 PM
Paul Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 GB View Post
The good news first. About 2 months ago my oldest daughter was asked to write a paper on what her country meant to her as part of a trip this summer to DC. Yesterday she came through the door and told us that because of her paper she was selected to be part of the wreath hanging ceremony at Arlington Cemetery with the Changing of the Guard. Being prior military myself, and from a long line of service men and women, the pride swelled till I felt like my chest was going to explode. What a proud and honorable thing to get to do.

The bad news is my gf and I will not be able to attend the Nationals this yr as we had planned. This would have been her first National. I have arranged a surprise trip to DC for her so we can go watch it in person instead of a recorded video. I am still going to try but the finances may not work out.

I just wanted to share my proud moment with the 54 family.
Not bad news at all. There will be other Nationals...but this may very well be a once in a lifetime event. Having seen this ceremony many times, it never fails to fill me with utter pride to be an American and remember what my forefathers did to give me the life I have now.

http://vintagebaseballs.blogspot.com

Stop by and say hello!