View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 01:33 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 GB View Post
The good news first. About 2 months ago my oldest daughter was asked to write a paper on what her country meant to her as part of a trip this summer to DC. Yesterday she came through the door and told us that because of her paper she was selected to be part of the wreath hanging ceremony at Arlington Cemetery with the Changing of the Guard. Being prior military myself, and from a long line of service men and women, the pride swelled till I felt like my chest was going to explode. What a proud and honorable thing to get to do.

The bad news is my gf and I will not be able to attend the Nationals this yr as we had planned. This would have been her first National. I have arranged a surprise trip to DC for her so we can go watch it in person instead of a recorded video. I am still going to try but the finances may not work out.

I just wanted to share my proud moment with the 54 family.
Congrats Andrew that is awesome !!!!! And, thank you for your service. I have a feeling that this will be way more of a special event for you & the family- the National will be there next year. You have alot to be proud of, thanks for sharing this story !!

Sincerely, Clayton