View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 09:53 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHogan View Post
Michael, I avoid rt128 at all cost and rt93 as much as I can. Rt128 up past Peabody to Gloucester (Glosta as we call it) is a nice ride on weekends.
I grew up in Waltham and owned a house in Walpole for most of the 90's. Used to see the Pats players at the Subway on Rte 1 after their practice. I found some parallel roads so that I could get from Lexington all the way to Norwood without driving 128. It was great during rush hour, especially when I worked at the courthouse in Cambridge and was driving to Walpole. I lived in 'Woosta' for 5 years before moving down here to work in D.C. I miss the beaches - Wingaersheek, Salisbury and even Carson Beach in a pinch. The 90 minute drive to Old Orchard was worth it especially when they had the Maine Phillies. Down here it is 3 hours to a beach on the ocean - Virginia Beach, which I like, or Ocean City, MD.

I was up there for a funeral last Friday. It was great to see the snow. That was more than we got down here all of last year. I actually do miss the snow. The 'weather pussies' down here panic over a snow flake. The federal government will shut down for the day if there is 2 inches on the ground. I would not have to work if that happened. Now, thanks to all of the court and other info I need being online, I work from home full time and have not seen my office since March.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 11-06-2020 at 09:57 PM.