Thread: so there I am
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Dave

Just last year my wife and I were sitting in our car after a concert, waiting for all the traffic to clear out, and we got rear ended while we were parked.

Young girl/woman with a bunch of her friends in the car tried to pass somebody else where there was no room to pass, and just grinded the side of her car across our back bumper. Nearly picked our small SUV off the ground.

We're like "What The Hell"..........and she just kept driving. Because of the traffic I was able to jump out of the car and chase her car down on foot, banging on the back of her trunk, trying to get her to stop. Her friends were waving her on to keep on driving (what are friends for, right?).

I got her license plate and called a report in to the cops.

We got a new bumper and some time lost out of the deal, from her Insurance company, once they tracked her down.

The Young Lady for her troubles, got a rude middle of the night visit from the cops at her parents house, a charge of hit & run, points against her license, and I imagine (though I'm no insurance adjuster) a huge increase in her Insurance premiums.

All she had to do was stop and it would have been a minor traffic incident the Insurance companies could have easily taken care of.