Thread: so there I am
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Clayton

Default Too many crappy drivers out there...........

I know this story too well.....you guys would not believe the amount of people who will drive straight into the rear end of a parked bus that has it's hazzard lights blinking and everything !!! I don't know what some of these people are doing with a driver's license.....

When I used to live in California, my wife and I were driving home from having dinner. I was heading south into a four way intersection and I had the green light and was going between 35-40 MPH....a teenage girl was in the left turn lane facing north (music blasting, possibly on a cell phone)....right before I entered the intersection, she pulls out in front of me, sees me, and STOPS !!!

Like a deer in the headlights....I slammed on my brakes and T-boned her car...couldn't help it- it all happened so fast. Her car spun around 3 times and landed up on the sidewalk and my whole front end was smashed in, could barely open the doors.

Come to find out, it was her parents car.......luckily they had insurance. I have had a screwed up back ever since. To this day I still appreciate the lady who was behind her in the turn lane, because she pulled over and waited for the police to come (to be a witness for me),,,and then even gave me her phone #.....she was so awesome to do that.