View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Dan K3443dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
In your own words you say it's only authentic and the grade is non meaningful. Yet your listing says otherwise and no where states the difference between Bccg and any others. The slab says Becket right on it and any new collector may be dupped into bidding it up much higher thinking they are going to get a great deal and possibly an easy flip or possible crossover as the more novice collectors back out of bidding knowing what the label means. I think your a liar and cheated someone out of money and will be cheating someone else again. I will add you to my blocked list.
Andrew,

What the original seller complained about was that he was told it was a '9' without being told it was BCCG (along with having a '52 Mantle he was told was real, but only the autograph on the card was authenticated by PSA/DNA). I don't entirely understand the mechanics of that, but it's what he said in our limited conversation before he had to leave. Regardless he wanted cash for the card, countered with a price he wanted, and I paid it taking on the risk of either losing money, or making the money I laid out back with the hope of getting a little more. The entire conversation was about the card not the holder, because as I explained to him I thought it was a nice card independent of the grading service, and showed him the ranges in the Beckett Graded Card Price Guide along with the condition comments. Also explained to the seller was that I think I can get this price with this card in the case therefore I would be in this range to buy it (based on having bought and sold the '56 Mantle other times). In 20 years of doing this no one's described me as dishonest, and most folks I've done business with I do business with again, either buying from or selling to them.

You seem to know enough about the hobby that you should be familiar with the above happening every day, people wanting to sell their cards and other people buying them. In my own words I question why Beckett has two services, one that would put a '9' on something that might not be a 9 in their more respected BVG service, by the same pool of professional graders. That's my point, my only point. The auction is listed honestly with the grader clearly mentioned and large pictures attached.

But I'm done explaining anything to you, because someone who invents issues to bark about isn't worthy of the effort an explanation. I honestly don't care what you think, and someone that quick to call someone a lair and a cheat is fundamentally an unstable person.

Your adding me to your block list is a favor to me, so thank you for that. Please go back to whatever you were doing before you became a non-productive participant in this conversation, whether that be letting your toddler finger up 112 year old tobacco cards or threatening other forum participants to the point they have to threaten you with law suits.

Last edited by hairlinecrease; 09-07-2012 at 11:31 AM.