View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 11:27 AM
Dave.Horn.ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevvyg1026 View Post
I understand that and I have not either. I was simply stating that it was possible and would lead to two rows being printed at a significantly higher rate than the others, while one row would be short printed.

The one half sheet I've seen for the 67 high numbers has five rows printed twice and two rows printed once.

I have only seen three rows of the second half-sheet and it has one of the double printed rows from the first half sheet printed twice, and one of the single printed rows printed once.

Thus, in the fifteen rows I've seen, one row was printed four times, five rows printed twice, and one row printed once. It will be interesting to see if the frequency of the remaining nine rows can be determined.
You may have missed my scans above, which showed two more rows of the other sheet. It doesn't solve all but shows how weird the layout was for the 67 highs, gives us a second "Seaver row" a third "Bauer row", a confirmation at at least one row appears 4 times and gets us down to 7 unknown rows. So the Bauer Row (really fronted by Red Sox Rookies) is now known as appearing 3X while the Seaver row (fronted by Orioles Rookies) now shows up twice and the Pinson fronted row is 4X. The repeating pattern of the top four rows is interesting on the partial and the Bauer and Seaver rows are together on both half sheets. Flimsy evidence only two Seaver rows exit but to my mind this makes it at least possible.

Plenty of questions remain though. Did a production issue scotch a row and cause a weird pattern? Are the differing layouts related to how the cards were packed? DO certain rows suffer production issues causing them to sometimes be pulled and discarded?

Last edited by toppcat; 07-06-2020 at 11:42 AM.