View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 08:57 PM
Curt

I don't open packs any more, other than a stray one here or there. Have not really bought wax since the early 2000s. Still, every once in a while, I find a good deal on something. I recently bought two boxes of the 2003 Donruss Team Heroes issue (i want to say for under $50 delivered) and opened those. I figured I probably could have maybe even turned a small profit had I tried to resell the unopened boxes or held some sort of box break deal. I wanted to open them though, guessing I'd probably still not get my money's worth. I was right, but it was still a fun break. I pulled a Schmidt bat card and a no-name auto, a few stat line cards (none were a super low print run), a couple decent glossy players and that was about it.

If I could find enough boxes with some fun stuff inside and cheap enough to feel like I didn't completely waste my money when I didn't pull anything epic, I would still be opening wax today.