View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 07:35 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
I will certainly admit to not holding one.

This is a card I would like to have at one point as I do enjoy errors, oddballs and test issues. This definitely falls under that category to me.

The cropping with the photo and the MLB logo on the back cause me concern. Mind you, I have gained my knowledge only from scans and net research. So not holding in hand I can say nothing of paper stock or the cut.
I was not questioning your opinion. I have expressed mine on here several times and also on Jons awesome web site.

I still look for rare Bill Ripken cards but not as much as before. I made a list of all known copies of this version. It shows who owns them, how many, and where they bought them. Wanted to keep my list updated if you owned one.

Without digging through folders I believe there are 14-15 known copies. I know of 5 Net54 members that account for 7 of the known copies. They have all originated within about a 200 mile area of the north eastern US and I have never seen 2 from the same seller.

This is a very rare and cool card and if anybody has any info they would like to share please do. If anybody has any questions I would do my best to help.