View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 10:48 AM
A.lex R@nthu.m

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
I'm curious as to how you're doing this now? All of my buying and selling activity links back to the same Paypal account, so it has never occurred to me to split incoming funds between multiple Paypal accounts, but I am curious as to how you have this set up to do so? I'm assuming the subscription fees for the store itself link to a single account?
Answer:

I have a traditional checking bank account linked to my email address linked to a personal a paypal account.

My wife sells more higher value items than me on average and she has a traditional savings account linked to her email address linked to her personal paypal account.

On the ebay platform, when you create a listing, ebay asks you to manually type in the paypal account email address you want for payment. Sometimes ebay will use automation to plug in the default payment address you set up on your ebay account; however, you can manually changed it, either in individual listings or by editing listings in aggregate. So we use a single ebay store and then list our items in that same store, but each distinct auction listing is linked directly to the paypal accounts we choose. This has worked flawlessly for 10+ years. We have no need for two stores, so we are concerned we cannot do this present system of account in a single store, as we are not yet signed up to managed and cannot see how the listings link to new payments accounts. My fear is each ebay selling account requires its own payments account and that you cannot mix and match different payments accounts for various listings inside of a single store. I contacted ebay outsourced customer service and they could not explain to me how this will work. As a result, we have resisted the forced transition, but like others, have now run out of time.

If anyone is already using managed payments, I would like to know your feedback on how the payment accounts are linked to ebay stores.

Last edited by highgradelegends; 07-07-2020 at 10:51 AM.