View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 08:46 AM
Ryan

Default Hank Aaron Opinions

I have been working on training my eyes on Hank Aaron signatures as I look to pick up my first Hank Aaron piece. (This is the fun part of the hobby to me!) It has been fun digging through all the Aaron threads here, reading up on all the Secretarial TTM stuff, and scouring through hundreds of exemplars.

That being said, I'm wanting to verify if I am on the right track!

Here are 3 examples I have considered picking up. Any thoughts on these are appreciated:

I am very confident that #1 is real, about 99% sure that #2 is real, and fairly certain #3 is real. I have noticed that when writing out the full "Hank", there is often a very faint line in the "k" that shows how swiftly he's signing it. This is evident in #1 and #2, and something that I have yet to see a forger pull off correctly. (It's similar to Joe Dimaggio's "e--D" connecting swift line if anyone knows what I'm talking about).

#3 doesn't have the tell-tale signs of speed like #1 & #2, and is also the "Hal" version instead of "Hank" (which I have a harder time on). I'm still learning on these, but letter formation/spacing/baseline seem correct on it.

Any thoughts/dicussion is appreciated, thanks!