Thread: Goldin Vault
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 12:36 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Believe me, I get that this is not a straightforward question with an easy, simple answer. And exactly why I was asking specific, detailed questions such as if a "vault" operator did have separate, sealed boxes or spaces where they stored a person's cards/items, instead of just putting everyone's stuff on the shelves in one big room or warehouse. Was being persistent with the questions to see if there was a particular scenario and set of circumstances from a legal standpoint where a person using a "vault" could be safe from seizure in the case of bankruptcy by the "vault" operator. And yes I know, probably a lot of people reading this stuff are wondering why should we be wasting time talking about something like this because the chances of one of these "vaults" actually going bankrupt is extremely remote. But if one of the "vault" operators is still involved with and potentially under an ongoing FBI investigation, that could possibly change the odds, right?

So in that case, if I was someone on this forum reading this, and also using such a "vault" service to hold my valuable cards/items, I may want to double check with that "vault" service to make sure they were set up and operating in such a specific manner so as to protect my valuable cards/items from such seizures. And if I found out they weren't protected, I may seriously want to look into making protective UCC filings just to be extra safe, or maybe look into doing something else entirely.
Maybe Adam can shed some light on this question -- suppose your inventory in the vault is changing on a very frequent basis. Assuming a filing is necessary or helpful, and I don't read the UCC that way but let's assume, do you have to make a separate filing every time you add an "asset"? I would imagine you do, that a blanket filing wouldn't really provide notice to anyone.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-28-2021 at 12:37 PM.